Extra socializing, spending, decorating, traveling and accommodating can stir up holiday anxiety even when the holidays are something we look forward to. We love the holiday season but dread the low-level anxiety (sometimes not so low-level) that comes along with it for many of us.
The cure for holiday anxiety (most of it at least)
We all experience the holidays and holiday anxiety differently so this isn’t an exact prescriptive. Take what works best for you and leave the rest behind. If you aren’t sure, treat these recommendations as experiments.
我最近问了万博体育官方APP更少的Instagram社区if they experienced holiday anxiety and what caused it and received hundreds of responses. More responses than from any other question I’ve every asked.
- Gift giving
- Gift receiving (especially while paring down on stuff)
- Trying to make everyone happy
- Trying to do it all
- My expectations
- Family expectations
- Family dynamics
- Family drama
- Wanting it to be perfect
- Not enough time
- Not enough money
If you want to gift non-thing things, here are a few things I recommend …
- Soulful Simplicity Course:如果您正在考虑为您所爱的人（包括您自己）的礼物，请在1月份加入我this six-week video course。If you join early, you’ll be invited to two private live calls with me this year. During the course, we’ll cover everything from making you (and a life you want) to making space and making time. There’s a private community and you get life-time access to all content. If you’ve pre-ordered my new book,里约奥运会赞助商manbetx万博，我们将向您发送20美元的折扣码。You can read all about the Soulful Simplicity Course right here。
- Meditation:Give the gift of guided meditation with the标题应用程序。您可以在一个月一次到一生的订阅。
- 开始一个小书俱乐部：Invite a friend to start a tiny book club with you. Gift them aBook of the Month Clubmembership and you can pick from a selection of books each month to read and chat about.
- Getaway:Plan a weekend getaway (stay or experience) withairbnb.。From creative and cooking classes to outdoor adventures, gift an experience and make memories.
- One less gift:If gift giving isn’t for you this year, and you want to give your friends and family permission to opt-out, send them这个证书少一份礼物。
- Donate/Volunteer:Make a donation in the name of friends and family. I’m making donations this year in the name of the Be More with Less Community to希望效果&Together Rising.You may also choose to volunteer together in lieu of exchanging gifts.
When it comes to the expectations of others, remind yourself that they are out of your control. You don’t get to decide or manage what other people expect, or how they feel or deal with things. That’s not part of your job description. It can’t be. You are up to you — your feelings, reactions and expectations —all up to you. Their feelings, reactions and expectations — not up to you. This should be incredibly freeing to know. If you can’t control or change it, why spend any more time feeling anxious about it?
3. Overwhelmed with too much to do
Honor the yes AND the no. When you have trouble resisting or saying no to everything that comes your way, remember how you feel when you say yes to too much. Then think about how you feel when you say yes to the right things, to what matters most to you. When you say yes to what you care about and what you love, it feels so good.
If you think that protecting time for what matters is selfish, remember how much more giving and loving you can be when you are healthy, rested, and engaged in your favorite things. It’s from that fulfilled place that you can give and serve in ways you just can’t when you are overwhelmed and exhausted.以下是您在假期期间可以照顾好自己的某种方式。
The most meaningful holiday seasons aren’t the ones with the most presents, the best meals, the craziest parties and the least amount of sleep. We find meaning in the holidays and all of our days when we create space to listen to our hearts, time to believe in magic, and to create the love, health and presence required to show all the way up for our lives.